§1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following sections provides you with information about the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that can be personally linked to you, e. g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Responsible person in accordance with article 4 section 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Karl Dungs GmbH & Co KG
(see our disclaimer).
You can contact our data protection officer at
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with the additional information ”The data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us via e-mail or via a contact form, we will store the data you have disclosed (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number) so that we can respond to your questions. We will delete any data collected in this connection after the storage is no longer necessary, or we will restrict the processing if legal retention obligations prevail.
When you transmit your request, you give your consent to data processing in accordance with article. 6 section 1, clause 1. lit. a GDPR.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about the respective procedures. We will also define the specified criteria of the retention period.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to our use of your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to objection against the processing,
- Right to data transmission capability.
(2) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority in connection with how we process your personal data.
§3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) We only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to us if you only use the website for information, meaning that you have not registered with us or provided us with any other information. If you wish to look at our website, we collect the following data which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee the stability and safety (legal basis is article.6 section1 clause1 lit. f DS-GVO):
- IP address
- Date and time of inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (actual page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Actually transmitted data volume
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk linked to the browser you use and via which certain information flows to the position that sets the cookie (in this case, by us). Cookies cannot carry out programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user friendly and more effective overall.
a) This website uses the following type of cookies and their extent and method of functioning will be explained below:
- Session cookies (refer to b)
- Permanent cookies (refer to c).
b) Session cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These store a so-called session ID with which different queries of your browser can be linked to the joint session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which can differ according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the safety settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your requirements and e.g. reject the acceptance of cookies. We must point out that if you reject the acceptance of cookies you may not be able to access all of the website functions.
f) The flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser but by your flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects that are saved on your terminal. These objects store the necessary data independently of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want any processing of the flash cookies, you must install a relevant add-on, e. g “clear-flash-cookies” for Mozilla Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clear-flash-cookies/?src=search) or the Adobe flash-killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting the private mode in your browser. Moreover, we recommend the regular manual deletion of your cookies and the browser history.
§4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Besides the purely informational utilisation of our website, we offer various services that you can use if interested. For this purpose, you must generally disclose further personal datawhich we will use for the provision of the respective service and for which the aforementioned principles for data processing apply.
(2) In part, we use external service providers to process your data. These providers are selected and assigned with care, are bound to our instructions and controlled on a regular basis.
(3) Furthermore, we can transfer your personal data to third parties if contract conclusions or similar services are mutually offered by us with partners. You will obtain further information about this when you enter your personal data.
(4) If our service providers or partners have their headquarters in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of these circumstances in the description of the offer.
§5 Objection to or revocation to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such an objection will influence the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have communicated this to us.
(2) In as far as the processing of your personal data is based on a balancing of interests, you can submit an objection to the processing. This is the case when the processing, in particular, is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract, which will be defined in the following description of functions. If you exercise such an objection, we request that you state your reasons why we should not process your personal data by the method we employ. If your objection is justified, we will view the situation and either terminate or adapt the data processing, or we will demonstrate our compelling and legitimate reasons on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can contact us to obtain information about your objection to advertising under the following contact information: Karl Dungs GmbH & Co KG, Karl-Dungs-Platz 1, D-73660 Urbach, e-mail: email@example.com.
§6 Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (”Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and which enable the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies based on your use of the website is ordinarily transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will in advance truncate your IP address within the Member States of the European Union or in other countries that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. It is only in exceptional cases that the entire address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing the website operator with other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies on your computer by adjusting your browser software accordingly, however we must point out to you that on doing so all of the functions of this website may not be available to you in their full capacity. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at this link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension ”anonymizeIp()”. This means truncated IP addresses are processed further, a reference to persons can therefore be excluded. Insofar as the data collected about you correspond to a personal reference, this will be immediately excluded and the personal data deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to enable us to improve it on a regular basis. We can improve our offer via the statistics obtained and design it to become more interesting for you, the user. In exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is article 6 section 1 clause 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(6) Information of the third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/en.html, Overview of data protection: www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the privacy statement: www.google.en/intl/de/policies/privacy.
[(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a device-overriding analysis of the visitor flow that is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the device overriding analysis of your usage in your customer account under ”My data”, ”personal data”.]
§7 Social media plug-ins
(2) We have neither influence on the data collected or the data processing operations, nor are we acquainted with the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of processing or the periods of retention. We also have no information concerning the selection of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in supplier stores these data collected about you as utilisation profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the demand-driven design of his website. Utilisation of this kind is mainly used (even for users who are not logged in) for the presentation of demand-driven advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the generation of these user profiles, although you have to contact the plug-in supplier in question in order to exercise it. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and with other users so that we can improve our offer and design it to become more interesting for you, the user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is specified in article 6 section 1 clause 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(4) The data transfer occurs regardless of whether you have an account with this plug-in supplier and are logged in there. If you are logged in at the plug-in supplier's site, your data that we have collected are linked directly to your account with the plug-in supplier. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in supplier stores this information in your account and openly discloses this to your contacts too. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, in particular prior to activating the button, as this will prevent the formation of any link to your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information about the purpose and the extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in supplier can be found in this supplier's privacy policies published in the following. There you can also obtain additional information about your rights in this regard and the setting options for protecting your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in suppliers and URL with their privacy policies:
a) Facebook, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other as well as www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info. Facebook is subject to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; www.xing.com/privacy.
c) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is subject to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§8 Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the offer of Google Maps on this website. This means that we can show you interactive maps directly in the website and enable you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google is made aware that you have accessed the applicable subpage of our website. In addition, the data defined in §3 of this statement are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account though which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data are linked directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be linked with Google, you must log out before the button is enabled. Google stores these data as utilisation profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or the need-based design of his website. Utilisation of this kind is mainly used (even for users who are not logged in) for the presentation of demand-driven advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the generation of these user profiles, although you must contact Google in order to exercise it.
(3) Further information about the purpose and the extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in supplier can be found in this supplier's privacy policies. There you can also obtain additional information about your rights in this regard and the setting options for protecting your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Information on data protection for exhibition visitors at the DUNGS booth