§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) We will provide you with information in the following about the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that can be personally linked to you, e.g. name, address, E-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Responsible person in accordance with Art. 4 Section 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Karl Dungs GmbH & Co KG
(see our disclaimer).
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at E-Mail: email@example.com or at our postal address along with the additional information: "The Data Protection Officer".
(3) When you contact us via E-mail or via a contact form, we will store the data you have disclosed (your E-mail address, if necessary your name and your telephone number) in order to be able to answer your questions. We will delete any data collected in this connection after the storage is no longer necessary, or we will restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations. When you transmit your request, you give your consent to data processing in accordance with Art. 6 Section 1, Clause 1. Sub. a GDPR.
(4) If we rely on contracted service providers for specific functions of our service or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about the respective procedures. We will also cite the criteria established for the retention period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You can exert the following rights against us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to objection against the processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority with regard to our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) We only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server if you use website for purely informational purposes, meaning that you have not registered with us or provided us with any other information. When you want to view our website, we collect the following data which are technically necessary for us to display our website for you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis: Art. 6 Section 1 Clause 1 Sub. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Actually transmitted data volume
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk, assigned to the browser you use and by means of which certain information is passed to the party that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make our Internet service as a whole more user friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following type of cookies whose extent and method of functioning is explained below:
- Session cookies (refer to b)
- Permanent cookies (refer to c).
b) Session cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These store a so-called session ID with which different queries of your browser can be linked to the joint session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which can differ according to the cookie. You can deleted the cookies at any time in the safety settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your requirements and reject the acceptance of cookies, for instance. We must point out to you that on doing so all of the functions of this website may not be available to you.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects that are saved on your terminal device. These objects store the necessary data irrespective of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install a relevant add-on, e.g "Clear Flash Cookies" for Mozilla Firefox addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clear-flash-cookies/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting the private mode in your browser. Moreover, we recommend the regular manual deletion of your cookies and the browser history.
§ 4 Other functions and services of our website
(1) Besides the purely informatory use of our website, we provide various services that you can take advantage of if interested. For this purpose, you usually have to disclose further personal data which we will use to the provide the particular service and for which the aforementioned principles for data processing apply.
(2) In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These providers are selected and assigned with care, are bound to our instructions and audited on a regular basis.
(3) Furthermore, we can transfer your personal data to third parties if conclusion of a contract or similar services are offered by us in conjunction with our partners. You will obtain further information about this when you enter your personal data.
(4) If our service providers or partners have their headquarters in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of these circumstances in the description of the service.
§ 5 Objection or revocation regarding the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. This revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have communicated this to us.
(2) If the processing of your personal data is based on a weighing of interests, you can submit an objection to the processing. This is the case when in particular the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which will be presented by us for the specific case in the subsequent description of functions. If you assert such an objection, we request that you state your reasons why we should not process your personal data by the method we employ. Once you have presented a justified objection, we will review the situation and will either cease or adapt the data processing, or present compelling and legitimate justification for continuing the processing.
(3) You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can contact us to obtain information about your advertising objection via the following: Karl Dungs GmbH & Co KG, Karl-Dungs-Platz 1, D-73660 Urbach, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 6 Use of Matomo as analysis tool
(1) Purpose of the data processing
This website uses Matomo, an open source, self-hosted software to collect anonymous usage data for this website.
The data on the visitor's behaviour are collected to detect possible problems like pages not found, search engine problems or unpopular pages. As soon as the data are processed (number of the visitors who view error pages or just one page, etc.), Matomo generates reports for the website operators so that they can act on them. (Layout modifications, new content, etc.)
In addition, this website provides a contact form that makes it possible to send an information request to us directly and enables us to reply to it directly via your E-mail address.
Matomo processes the following data:
- Anonymised IP addresses by the last 2 bytes being removed (i.e. 18.104.22.168 instead of 198.51.100.54)
- Pseudoanonymised location (based on the anonymised IP address)
- Date and time
- Title of the page accessed
- URL of the page accessed
- URL of the preceding page (provided that the page permits this)
- Screen resolution
- Local time
- Files that were clicked on and downloaded
- External links
- Length of time to load a page
- Country, region, city (with low accuracy in virtue of IP address)
- Principal language of the browser
- User agent of the browser
- Interactions with forms (but not their content)
(2) Indirect data collection
When you use this website, the call is logged by the host of the www.dungs.com website. This log includes your IP address which identifies you indirectly by the agency of your Internet provider. The logging of these data is legally required and is necessary for security purposes. It is not possible to opt-out, however the data are never used for other purposes.
(3) Basis of the legitimate interest
The data processing is based on the principle legitimate interest.
Processing the data helps us to find out what is working on our website and what is not. For example, we learn on so doing whether the contents arrive in good order or how we can improve the structure of the website. Our team benefits from it and can act on it. Thanks to the data processing, you benefit in the process from a website that gets better and better.
We could not provide the service without the data. Your data are used exclusively for improving usage of the website.
(4) Recipient of the data
The personal data are sent to:
The www.dungs.com team
Hosting of the server:
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 4-6
Karl Dungs GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone +49 7181 804 0
(5) Details about transfer to third states
The data of this website and Matomo are hosted in Germany. The data never leave the EU.
(6) Rights of the persons concerned
Since Matomo collects data on the basis of legitimate interest, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of information and data portability: You can request all of your data at any time.
- Right of deletion and rectification: You can ask us at any time to delete all of your data completely.
- Right of objection to and restriction of the processing: You can object to the collection of data at any time by ticking off DoNotTrack in your browser or this box: